Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Beware the Ides of March"

As it's March 15th, I am hopefully escaping a fate like that of Julius Caesar, and heading off to Barcelona and Sicily for my spring break!!
I've had mid-terms all week, so it will be a very nice and much needed break from both school and Rome.
Speaking of Julius Caesar, I recently found out that the place of his death, Teatro di Pompey, has been turned into a cat sanctuary. This is extremely odd to me, and I haven't been informed on the reason of why this particular historical site was chosen, but all I can say is the ferrel cat population of Rome is disgustingly increasing... So, if you ever visit Rome, make sure to go by it and see. The ruins are located just as you get off the Argentina tram stop in central Rome.
On a more positive note, I will be writing again soon upon my return from Barcelona and Sicily with some pictures, and hopefully a good story or two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment